July Webinars: Introduction to Unit Testing, Executable Specifications in Action
Introduction to Unit Testing
In order to prevent bugs and release quality code to market, you also need developer testing, including unit testing. Discover why you should start unit testing, and how you can get started with automated tests quickly.
- Benefits of unit testing
- xUnit Frameworks
- The difference between unit testing and test driven development (TDD).
When: 4 July at 10:00 AM United Kingdom
To sign up: https://www2.gotomeeting.com/register/265345762
Executable Specifications in Action: Building a Mobile Bank
In this workshop we will exercise a combination of BDD and TDD methods by implementing a small mobile bank solution. We will start from user stories and scenarios, turning them into a set of executable specifications written in Gherkin (cucumber) language. Then we will proceed with implementation of scenario steps followed by writing production code in a test-driven manner. By the end of the workshop, we will have an in-memory bank communicating with its customers using simulated SMS messages.
- Transform product requirements into executable specifications written in Gherkin language
- Exercise how to combine BDD and TDD in order to focus on continuous delivery of business values
- Use automated test frameworks for continuous feedback on feature completion
- Use a distributed version control system (Git) to switch between different code branches during the implementation phase
By the end of the workshop we will have an in-memory bank communicating with its customers using SMS messages. We will use Typemock Isolator to mock communication with the SMS gateway.
When: Thursday, July 12 at 3:00 PM GMT (United Kingdom)
Presenter: Vagif Abilov
To sign up: https://www2.gotomeeting.com/register/826853186